I got the message saying that I've reached the storage limit for pictures with Blogger, but I started using Flickr as the middle man. As if getting a blog post up wasn't a multi-day thing, it's now a little more time consuming. 
(Though I guess I'm glad to be able to keep it updated at all. I've posted at least once a week for the last 3 years, and for the first two years I posted almost 5 times a week. I laugh now when I think about all the extra time I didn't think I had!)
Anyways, all that to say... yes, I'm posting about our last weekend when it is now Friday.
Whatever.
...

This past weekend was Thanksgiving and it was pretty laid back this year.

Chris had a really slow day on Wednesday so he came home early and was able to finish up the stool project we've been working on for a couple of weeks.
This little stool has so many uses but was pretty boring looking before we painted it.
Bennett likes to stand on it to help us cook and he also sits backwards on it to eat if he's watching a show:
IMG_6544
We also got our Stickygrams in the mail and I love them:
IMG_6510
On Thanksgiving I actually did my hair all fancy-like so we had to take a picture to document:
IMG_6526
Chris and Buckley on the way in to my family's Thanksgiving:
IMG_6540
Saturday night I went to Abi's for her birthday/craft night.
We did an old Finnish craft called Himmeli, which is really just string and stir straws:
photo
Sunday morning we met Chris' parents at Lovejoy Bakers for some breakfast then went to grab coffee at Ristretto. Schoolhouse Electric was closed unfortunately but I loved their tree out in Ristretto: 
IMG_6553
We were able to get most of our Christmas decorations up over the weekend.
Chris put of lights on the house and I love the way they look with the new paint:
IMG_6596
Sunday after nap time, it was so nice out so we decided to be spontaneous and go get a tree instead of going to church. We figured there may not be another chance to get a tree in dry weather, so we jumped on it.
We went to a little tree farm called Century Farm and it was essentially in this family's giant back yard and the trees were so nice!
Searching:
IMG_6555
Keeping eachother warm:
IMG_6559
Cutie:
IMG_6574
"This one is perfect mama":
IMG_6562
Found one:
IMG_6583
This is the very first picture of all four of us. Bennett was staring at the candy cane the woman had just given him. He couldn't believe he was just given candy.
Classic Hardestys:
IMG_6588
Earlier this week we decorated the inside of the house.
Bennett has never been interested in decorating the tree until this year.
He loved it and hung all of the ornaments at his height:
IMG_6610
The living room mid-decorating:
(notice all of the ornaments)
IMG_6621
The washi tape stag head that Chris did:
(and my new paper trees, I kind of love them.)
IMG_6600

Now that the decorating is done, I can focus on wrapping.
Yikes.

Have a good weekend friends!

2 comments

  1. Whim Wham Life on December 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM

    This post has totally gotten me in the Christmas spirit! My dad went and grabbed us a tree this year since we've been so busy. Hopefully this week I can get some decorations up 'cause December goes by too fast! xoxo

     
  2. Kira on December 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM

    We still haven't gotten our tree yet, I have no idea when that is going to happen. It seems like every weekend day is booked already! Also, love the paper trees, did you buy or make them?

     


Post a Comment

Leave me some love!