I'm a stay at home mama living in PDX with the hubs Chris, our two boys and two cats. We are living in (and slowly fixing up) our first house, a midcentury ranch. Jesus has captured my heart, and I am so thankful!
This little blog is mostly about our adventures as a family of four, with the possibility of a recipe or craftiness sprinkled in there.
There is nothing these bowls aren't useful for. We use the big ones for cereal, pasta, ice cream, etc. The small ones are perfect for Bennett's food when I'm feeding him or the perfect size for a snack. They are sturdy and my favorite part is the cute colors! They are always getting new colors which means the 'old' colors go on sale every so often. I just got the small blue ones for less than a dollar a piece! Someday I want to have open cupboards with stacks of mismatched latte bowls. My little collection will do for now.
#2:Wood & Wire ring
Chris found this on Etsy for me for Valentine's Day. Isn't it awesome? He knew that I had been looking for a ring made of wood. Isn't it cute that he searched Etsy for something I would love?
And love it I do...it's so unique!
This was taken on the 13th floor of our building. It's such a cool view!
1. The very best thing about the summer isEating dinner outside, fresh fruit, farmer's market, sun tea, flowers, dresses and skirts, bbq's, the oregon coast.
2. My first crush ever was Derek in preschool. He used to chase me on the playground and I guess I liked it. I think he was a ladies man .
3. This may sound really silly but I used to not eat the pointy ends of my french fries. Not quite sure why, but now it hurts me to think of all the fries wasted. I stopped when I met Chris because I wanted to impress. I heart fries and would never do such a thing now.
4. I squeeze my toothpaste from The top. I can't stand there to be any toothpaste at the bottom of the tube, it probably feels left out. For a stocking stuffer a few Christmases ago, I got Chris one of the things you put on the tube to squeeze it to the top. We just leave it on so none can escape back to the bottom. We actually have our own tubes of the very same toothpaste...is that weird?
5. My absolute favorite "comfort food" is Fries or tots. Possibly dark chocolate too. I would probably eat a fry that was covered in dark chocolate. Chocolate and fries go together like bread and butter. Ever dipped your fries in a chocolate milkshake? AMAZING!.
6. A random fact about me is that I was a cheerleader in high school but was also in choir and all the musicals...I could've been a Glee character. For cheerleading tryouts you were supposed to do a tumbling pass (I've never been able to do a cartwheel) so I did a sumersault. It must have been a dang good sumersault :) .
7. The one piece of technology that truly makes my life better and I couldn't live without is Treadmills with TVs on them. The gym in our building has them, and since I've started running again it's the only way I can take my mind off the pain. I hate running.
(I went to the hospital at midnight to be induced)
I was a whale last summer and I had a very small amount of clothes to wear. You quickly become tired of your maternity clothes (especially when its in the 90's with no a/c). I got so huge that I actually grew out of my maternity clothes. (who does that?!)
Needless to say...I'm SO excited to wear cute dresses and skirts this summer!