This weekend was a wet one in Portland.
 As I type up this post, it's extremely stormy outside. It's kind of nice to be inside our cozy house while it's a crazy mess outside and I'm certainly thankful that we have a roof over our heads!

On to the weekend...

Friday morning Buck woke up and gave me the puppy-dog stare through the crib slats:
Then they went and got even cuter when Bennett was holding Buckley:
(This is my new favorite picture!)
Friday was a grocery-getting day.
I noticed so many new holiday treats at Trader Joes.
(I bet they make so much money on their holiday treats alone...I saw people hoarding the Candy Cane Joe Joes!)
I had self control and only brought home the bottom right:
(Now I have to decide if I want to make the recipe on the bag or
 just put them into my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Hmm.)
As we returned home, I noticed that a certain boy had lined up his cars in the window sill earlier when I was getting ready:
(he even faced them all in the same direction...traffic jam!)
 Friday night for date night we saw the new James Bond movie Skyfall.
I'm not a big action movie fan, but decided to be a good wife and go since Chris really wanted to see it.
I ended up understanding and actually liking it...and BONUS I didn't fall asleep!
(I always fall asleep during movies and this one was even 2.5 hours long!)
We went to Veggie Grill after the movie. 
It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't amazing.
 I still like Native Foods better!

Saturday, I went to my friend Kelli's baby shower.
I made her a really cute mobile, but of course I forgot to take a picture of it!
These were the super cute little sugar cookie favors:
While I was at the shower, Bennett had a playdate with his best friend Avery.
They got donuts, chocolate milk, went to the pet store and got to pick out new cars at Target. 
Avery's dad Stephen was taking the best pictures of them all morning.
My favorites:

 Can you tell he doesn't get donuts much?!:
 Sunday we did stuff around the house and in the afternoon Chris left for church 
(he was playing this weekend) 
while I took the boys to my mom's house to celebrate my brother's birthday:
(Happy Birthday Graham!)
 Buck looking cozy on my mom's couch:

I hope all you Portlanders are staying dry today!

Happy Monday Friends!

1 Comment

  1. Cadie on November 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM

    I can't believe how much your boys look alike! Are they very similar in personalities? I am finding that Sahara is my easy-going lady and Isla is our diva. So different from one another. :) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

     


Post a Comment

Leave me some love!