I did it!

After going back and forth even right up until they were cut...I got bangs! My friend lindsey (don't worry, she's a stylist at Aveda) came over and gave me some much needed color and bangs.


I'm still not sure if they are "me," whatever that means. I have had the same hairstyle for two years without changing it, so it's a little hard to get used to.


This weekend I found these...



You buy the bottom piece then you can get the different straps and change them out depending on what you feel like wearing.

Cute, right?!

What's even cooler than the way they look is who makes them:


These beautiful ladies (most of whom are believers) are from Uganda and make these sandals


"Sseko Designs is a not-just-for-profit enterprise that recognizes the power of business and responsible consumerism to support sustainable economic development, which in turn affects a country's educational, justice, and health care systems. The goal of Sseko Designs is two-fold: provide university tuition for these promising young women through a sustainable monthly income, while also contributing to the overall economic development of Uganda."

I was looking around the website and noticed that you can host House Parties, selling Ssekos. If I were to host a house party would you guys be interested in coming? I have no idea what it takes to host one but I thought I would see if people think these sandals are as awesome as I think they are.

Would you come?

PS: I know I said I would post pics of Bennett's room but I took some pictures but they didn't turn out well and we still have a few more things to hang up. I want to post about it once it is completely done so you get the full effect. Okay? Okay.

8 comments

  1. Sarah Frills4Thrills on March 22, 2010 at 7:05 PM

    your bangs are so cute! seriously, they are perfect on you! love love love it. and yes, those shoes are gorgeous : )

     
  2. Kira on March 22, 2010 at 9:34 PM

    Your bangs look great!

     
  3. TMB on March 23, 2010 at 2:09 PM

    Your hair is super cute!! =D ... and wow I love those sandals! very nifty!

     
  4. Sara on March 23, 2010 at 10:41 PM

    Love the bangs! I am sure you will get use to them! I wish I could pull them off... I have tried and it just doesn't work for me. We want to come see your place!

     
  5. India Daisy on March 24, 2010 at 4:32 AM

    I think you look elegant with your bangs!
    Wow - LOVE the shoes.

     
  6. Bridget on March 24, 2010 at 5:01 AM

    love those sandals!

     
  7. Becca on March 24, 2010 at 10:03 AM

    Wow thanks guys! I really like them now that I am used to seeing myself with them. You guys are awesome!

     
  8. Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... on March 24, 2010 at 2:24 PM

    Love your bangs! Even if they're not quite " you" I still think they're fun and it's good to change things up, right?

    Those sandals are so cool! If you host a party let me know. I'd come!

     


Post a Comment

Leave me some love!