Baking and a movie

We watched Once this weekend...
I really liked it, the soundtrack is amazing!
There are quite a few f-bombs (it's an Irish Indie), but good nonetheless.



Yesterday we celebrated Chris' birthday with my family.
(His actual birthday isn't until Thursday though)
Every birthday celebration necessitates a yummy cake and
I had been wanting to try out this recipe.


I would rename this Chocolate Ooey Gooey Cake...it was exactly that and oh so good!

We also made these Lemon Glazed Cookies.


I got the recipe from Real Simple and it has been sitting in my cookbook of randomness, untouched for a few years.

Making them is less involved than the recipe makes it seem,
and they taste like something you would buy at a bakery. Yum!


1 Comment

  1. Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... on March 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM

    that cake looks incredible! i make this molten lava type cake with espresso that looks a bit like this. happy birthday to chris!

    and i love love "once". the soundtrack is so good!

     


Post a Comment

Leave me some love!