Fill in the Blank Friday
1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is "I Wish" by Skee Lo (I randomly listened to it last week and still know all the words! i wish i was a little bit taller, i wish i was a baller...) or anything by TLC or Wilson Phillips (I was obsessed) .
2. My first concert ever was Boyz II Men (sorry Lauren!) my mom won tickets on the radio when they were touring with TLC and surprised me for my birthday...TLC didn't show cause they were 'sick' but Boys II Men rocked my face off, even if it was a little awkward being like 10 years old standing next to my mom while they sang "I'll Make Love To You" .
3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: James Taylor, Phoenix, Daphne Loves Derby, Copeland, Dashboard, Flight of the Conchords, old Mae, Sufjan Stevens, Swell Season .
4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is I once read an article of "the best make out songs" and "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel topped the list .
5. The best concert I've ever been to was Newsboys back in the day (I'm a sucker for duel, rotating drum solos). I just remember loving them so much and being so excited to see them .
6. A memorable musical moment for me was In middle school I went to see Jars of Clay. A radio station was having a sign-making contest and whoever made the best sign won backstage passes. I won so I was able to go backstage and get autographs. My sign said "WWJD? He would be here watching Jars of Clay!" I even put battery powered christmas lights on it. Huge dork? YES :) .
7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is _Chris hooked up speakers under Bennett's crib, which we connect the ipod to. We play "White Noise Ocean Sounds" all night, every night while Bennett sleeps to block out noise. Boring I know, but it works! When I listen to music it's been a lot of Phoenix or Swell Season lately .
Fill it out, go to Lauren's blog and link up!
look what I got in the mail today! My Ssekos!